Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Expiration Date: March 4 2008

In my last post on the horserace, I suggested that this would seem to be the time to sell.

That might still be the case, but that window will close with Ohio and Texas. If Her Royal Clinton-ness can pull off the combo win in those two biggies, I think she will still finish with the nomination, weakened as she is.

(Weakness: Today's Rasmussen tracking poll has Obama with an insane 49-37 lead over Clinton. John Edwards better swallow hard before he goes the wrong way on this...)

Otherwise, with a split decision between OH and TX seeming to be the most probable outcome (don't ask me which of the two to Clinton and which to Obama, as I wish to preserve "strategic ambiguity"!) , it will fall to my man to clinch the deal in the rugged mountains of western Pennsylvania and with the suburban hausfrau of Philly. Possible, though never easy.
His recent numbers suggest he is getting through to a more diverse audience, and that will make all the difference.

(link to follow)

No comments: