Translate

Monday, August 29, 2005

A Consensus Democratic Position on Iraq

I just sent this bit to Wes Clark at his website, www.securingamerica.com:

Your letter to the WSJ and your comments on Meet the Press are both right on the money. I think your stance hews very closely to the line that I believe all of us Democrats can take:
1) We would not have invaded Iraq in the way they have done.
2) We would not have occupied Iraq in the way they have done.
3) When we take back the reins of power in 2009, we will move promptly to withdraw any remaining occupation troops; and
4) In the meantime, we support the efforts of our troops.

In this way, we can impose an effective deadline on the occupation, of the only kind the Bushites can respect: Election Day, November, 2008. If they can withdraw safely before then, Iraq will not be such a big issue in 2008, and that is the best the Republicans can hope for. More than they deserve.

What more can we say or do? They don't listen, anyway...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ԝay cool! Some eҳtremely vaⅼіd points! I appreciate you pеnning this write-up
and alѕo thе reѕt of the website is also really good.

go to tһis web-site : Hοw Not To Password Protect Folder

Anonymous said...

Very shortly this web site will be famous among all blog
visitors, due to it's nice content

Anonymous said...

Quality articles is the crucial to attract the people to visit the website, that's what this site is providing.

Anonymous said...

obviously like your web-site however you have to take a look at the spelling on several
of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome
to inform the reality on the other hand I will definitely come again again.

Anonymous said...

Hi, its good article regarding media print, we all know media
is a great source of information.

Anonymous said...

Great blog here! Also your site quite a bit up very fast!
What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host?

I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the
book in it or something. I think that you can do with
some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog.

A great read. I'll certainly be back.

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this site needs far more
attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for
the advice!

Anonymous said...

Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity for your post
is simply spectacular and that i could suppose you are
a professional in this subject. Fine along with your permission let me to grasp your
RSS feed to stay updated with approaching post.
Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the gratifying work.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been reading your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a
shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the
fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger.

I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

Chin Shih Tang said...

Looks suspicious....now give me some flattering comments!