Translate

Monday, December 05, 2005

On the record Admission

Someone (never mind who) asked me whether I "hate Bush". This is my response:


I certainly don't hate the person, George W. Bush.

I do hate Bushism, though. As I do most Bushite policies and governmental decisions. Both for their choice of means and for their inevitable unintended consequences. As a good American, I hope for their success in many things though I am always skeptical of their ability to bring them off.

So I am not at all fond of this Bushite Administration. The Administration of the 41st President, George H.W. Bush, was not at all Bushite, another example of the distinction between hate for the person/(s) and for the "philosophy".

Similarly, and as Islam is not "the" source of Iraqi government in its constitution but is "a" source, Dubya is not "the" source of the Bushite administration we have, but his questionable contributions cannot be denied.

2 comments:

Chin Shih Tang said...

I like the phrase "Bushite Misrule" to replace "Bush Administration" in virtually all contexts. I've seen it around in a few places on the Internet, and it fits nicely, is nice and concise, includes the concept that his "rule" is somewhat illegitimate.

Chin Shih Tang said...

I don't like the phrase "inevitable unintended consequences", though. If anything, the point is that the unintended consequences of Bushite misrule are evitable.