Translate

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Filibuster Haiku and Exegesis

The following post was submitted to moveon's forum. Due to technical issues (what--password? ID? Better judgment? Internet runaround?) , it didn't get through.

I admit to having been "jstoner"; Occupation/Affiliation: "pamphleteer" when I tried to sign up there.

anyway, this was the text:

Very cool to link to the document itself, with the 14 signatures (two additional lines added by hand for reserve signees Chaffee and Inouye). Thank you.
You may have heard about abc news' contest for the best filibuster haiku, to while away the time of the judicial nominee debate. No prize was being awarded, so far as I know. Anyway, here's my entry. It should be intoned in the style of that great Zen poet, Yoda.


Pass the impasse, Yes.
We must; but Supreme Court soon.
Bushites hit the fan.

I was disappointed: mine was not mentioned. Can you guess why?

No comments: